- Brakes:- Roll bike forwards and apply brakes. Checks pads have some wear left, look out for the groove in middle of pads, it should still be visible.
- Oil:- Check the oil level is between the min-maximum lines. You will probably need to put bike on centre stand and maybe warm up engine for couple of minutes first (check you manual).
- Lights:- Check all lights works and are clean. Hold you hand over rear lights or look for as reflection against a nearby wall as you apply brakes.
- Tyres:- Check tread levels, 1mm across 3/4 the tyre width (more in many EU countries) and for any obvious damage. Ensure tyre pressures are correct too (see manual for exact values).
- Steering:- Handles bars should freely move left and right without fouling against anything or being hindered by wires/hoses.
Seasoned London commuter, doing my best to stay rubber side down and never stop moving forward.